The SolidWorks designer/ drafter is responsible for producing drawings using SolidWorks software, producing bills of material, producing cut sheets, ordering parts, and other various organizational tasks.
Elaut Group USA, the world premiere manufacturer of amusement electronic redemption, video and simulation arcade games are seeking a Solidworks Drafter for full time employment in their headquarters office in Lake Worth, Florida. Position is available for a smart, passionate, and creative drafter to join our team and help us transform the amusement gaming world. Primary duties include amusement arcade game design, prototype assembly, documenting, lifecycle analysis and testing.
The SolidWorks designer/ drafter is responsible for producing drawings using SolidWorks software, producing bills of material, producing cut sheets, ordering parts, and other various organizational tasks. The SolidWorks Designer/ Drafter produces documentation in accordance with the project schedule and standards. Very strong organizational skills are a must. Applicants must have the ability to focus within a busy environment utilizing strong time-management skills in order to successfully multi-task while producing high quality work. Applicants will be required to develop, manufacture, install, repair, set up, and verify operation of gaming cabinets and all mechanical and structural requirements set by engineers. They must possess and exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude even in a high stress situation. Applicants must be able to perform engineering tasks as directed by the engineering team and able to listen to project leads, maintain deadlines and follow all governmental regulations for design.
Position is Monday thru Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Work in a team with mechanical designers, engineers, electrical engineers, and graphic artists to design a new product that meets all sales team and customer requests while helping to conform to all regulatory, safety, quality and production standards and limitations.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Guide and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and requirements
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operations and safety standards
- Identify engineered resolutions to recurring mechanical and structural issues
- Manage time and multiple allotted projects to ensure release of products within firm deadlines.
- Design of new mechanical assemblies and parts in SolidWorks using materials such as MDF, HDPE, Acrylics, Sheet
- Reviewing/producing engineering drawings meeting all required specifications needed for production or vendors.
- Mathematical, geometrical, and minor engineering computations
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- High School Diploma is a minimum.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- 4 years Solidworks experience required
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and efficiently to all level of the organization
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly creative with the ability to develop innovative arcade games
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Must have planning, organizational skills and ability to follow and lead when required.
- Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge of machining and other manufacturing processes is a plus
Preferred Previous Experience & Skills:
- Part drafting and engineering drawing experience
- Experience in critical part design to +/- .001” tolerances
- Understanding of Mastercam, other CAD software, G-code, and/or basic table router and turn lathe operation concepts.
- Experience in 3d component design using modeling and CAD software
(Current SolidWorks version experience preferred).
- Experience in 3d assembly design and emulation in modeling software
(Current SolidWorks version experience preferred)
- Experience working in a multi person design team, coordinating different features of an electro-mechanical design to produce a final product. Including proof of concept, drafting, and prototyping.
- Experience in assembling/repairing/designing cabinetry, arcade devices, or appliances.
- Experience in designs using MDF, HDPE, Acrylics, and sheet metals.
- Experience with designs of 3dprinting or thermoform plastics is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.